Citizenship education in times of war: what civic education educators can/should do
The panel discussion under this name with experts from Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia, Ukraine and Moldova will take place on the first day of the Citizenship Education Forum.
The Russian invasion of Ukraine has further exacerbated discussions about what citizenship education providers should be doing in the first place.
The panellists will look for answers to the following questions:
1. What about citizenship education in the Eastern Partnership region of the European Union? Did it cope with its main tasks?
2. What “failures” in citizenship education make war possible?
3. What is the place of patriotic education in the system of citizenship education?
4. What can citizenship education educators do during the war?
5. What should citizenship education educators do to stop the war and prevent it in the future?
Will share their views:
Working language: Russian
When: October, 21 (12.00 – 13.30)
Read about other discussions: