Citizenship Education in a World of Fakes, Disinformation and Propaganda
Recent developments in Eastern Partnership Region and Worlwide show the importance of the role of media as a social institution. Hybrid war, information disorder full of Fake News, Disinformation, Manipulation and Propaganda causes a crucial harm to the society and creates a complete mess.
With the experts coming from Armenia, Moldova, Ukraine and Azerbaijan we will discuss and gie an overview of all these questions, specifically
- What is the impact of desinformation on population and what are the consequences of it?
- What actions are taken to counteract propaganda?
- Role of education and civil society in fighting Fake News and propaganda?
- Peculiarities of state propaganda in the period of recent developments in the region; tools, target audiences, distribution channels?
- Is it possible to build a system of resistance to propaganda during military operations?
Join us to hear about all this staff and much more. There will be space for Q&A session too.
Panel discussion will be in English.
When? October, 21 (12.00-13.30)
Read about other discussions: